Let’s Learn Together – Cyprus is organizing the first chess tournament of the Mouflon Chess Tour on 30th of January at G C School of Careers Secondary School in Nicosia. The tournament is open to all young chess players under the age of 18. There will be three categories: Youth – U8, Youth – U10, and Youth Open.
Announcing the Youth Rapid
The Mouflon Chess Tour 2020 – Youth Rapid will be held at G C School of Careers Secondary School Cafeteria on 30 January 2020.
Mouflon Chess Tour 2020 - Youth Rapid
The Mouflon Chess Tour, which is popular throughout Cyprus, will have it’s first tournament on 30 January 2020. This time the tournament is only for participants under the age of 18. The event is taking advantage of the fact it is a school holiday.
The tournament will consist of three categories (Open Youth, Under 10, and Under 8) which are made up according to the age and rating of the participants, and will be played using the 5-round Swiss System. Naturally, the greatest interest is aroused by the Open Youth category which will be FIDE Rated.
The venue of the Tournament will be at the Cafeteria of the G C School of Careers Secondary School.
Type of Tournament
The Organizers of the tournament is Let’s Learn Together – Cyprus with the support of Arion Chess Club and Criton Tornaritis Chess Club.
Only the Open Youth will be FIDE Rated. The other two categories will be CYP Rated.
The tournament consists of three categories, each of which will be played using the five round Swiss System.
Placing of players into categories will be according to their respective FIDE & CYP National ratings as of 1 January 2020.
Categories and Prizes
The three winners of each category will receive a trophy. All participants shall receive a certificate of participation.
Open Youth Category
- Chess players born in the year 2009 or earlier
- Chess players born in the year 2010 and 2011 with a FIDE or CYP National Rating above 1101
- Chess players born in the year 2012 or later with a FIDE or CYP National Rating above 1001
Under 10 Category
- Chess players born in the year 2010 and after with a FIDE or CYP National Rating below 1100
- Chess players born in the year 2010 and after without a FIDE or CYP National Rating
Under 08 Category
- Chess players born in the year 2012 and after with a FIDE or CYP National Rating below 1000
- Chess players born in the year 2012 and after without a FIDE or CYP National Rating
- Direct Encounter
- Sonneborn Berger
- Number of Wins
- Number of Wins with Black
20 minutes for the whole game for each player.
|Arrival and Registration of the Players||7:30 - 08:15|
|Opening Ceremony||8:15 - 8:30|
|Round 1||8:30 - 9:20|
|Round 2||9:20 - 10:10|
|Round 3||10:10 - 11:00|
|Round 4||11:00 - 11:50|
|Round 5||11:50 - 12:40|
|Closing Ceremony||12:40 - 13:00|
|Departure of the Players||13:00 - 13:30|